Ten years of photos in one hand! On a 500GB G Slim Drive. Sketchnoting was invaluable in helping me figure out what to do. (see Mike Rohde and Eva Lotta Lam sites if you’d like to know more.) Sketchnoting also helped me articulate what I actually did and how it worked:
I learned 2 lessons thanks to Technology for Media:
- MAC OS Lion can read a PC Drive. That helped me import photos from a 1 TB Segate PC Backup drive to my G Slim and advance my conversion from PC to MAC.
- The Cloud is too slow. I tried anyway but while ~1 GB per minute is fast for small things, it’s not for gigajobs of 100GB.
Love Your Picks tutorial Edit Your Photos inspired me with “Editing means ruthlessly deleting.” My next steps are to go back through one more time to delete duplicates and hopeless shots before starting a Lightroom catalogue. (Scanning will wait until the Lomography Smart Phone Film Scanner comes out:))
- Sketchnote Getting All Your Photos in One Place (jenniferhartnetthenderson.wordpress.com)
- Sketchnotes are Fantastic (jenniferhartnetthenderson.wordpress.com)
- Learn How To Sketchnote With The Penultimate App For The iPad (makeuseof.com)
- The Sketchnote Handbook: A brilliant new guide to visual note taking (mindmappingsoftwareblog.com)
- How To Visualize Ideas, Information & Data Using Sketchnoting (makeuseof.com)