Jennifer H2 Designs, Designer, 2012 – present
I am a designer, artist, and maker who blends business savvy, user research, and design to craft experiences that evoke and engage at scale. I have designed apps, bags, photo books, fashion, interiors, services, and websites. My credentials include MBA and MFA degrees, and UX, PMP, and CCMP certifications. Visit my portfolio page for examples of design work.
Intuit, Experience Designer, 12/2020 – 5/2022
Design experiences for Delight (D4D) to lead people through significant changes in the workforce technologies. Design and launch employee-facing microsites by creating data-driven journey maps, conducting research (field, remote moderated) to define information architecture, designing wireframes and prototypes, creating and copyediting content to meet a variety of standards, and testing (usability and A/B), For more details, visit my LinkedIn page.
Cisco, Senior Program Manager, 2006 – 2018
Designed solutions to improve business performance. For example, I created a learning and development center of excellence with a menu of programs customized to field-researched learner personas focused on top Marketing Capabilities with consistent content creation, standards, delivery processes, and measures to scale critical changes to level up 1.5K Cisco professionals globally.
Network Appliance, Strategic Supplier Manager, 2004 – 2006
Represented 8 business units and 3 functional groups; improved $500M supplier’s role, value-add, and cost structure to win Best Supplier Award.
- User Experience & Web Design Certificate with Honors, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA
- Master of Fine Arts, San Jose State University, CA
- Master of Business Administration, Washington University, Olin School of Business, St. Louis, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Wichita State University, W. Frank Barton School of Business, KS
- California Training Benefits, User Experience & Web Design Certificate, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA
- San Jose State University Associated Students Board of Directors Scholarship, San Jose State University, CA
- Catherine Urban Scholarship for Art and Design, San Jose State University, CA
- 2006 Condition of the Heart, Norton Gallery, Palo Alto, CA
- 2004 Latent Potential, Peninsula Community Foundation, Menlo Park, CA
- 2004 Portrait of the Artist in Red Ink, Institute for the Future, Menlo Park, CA
- 2004 Silicon Valley Open Studios, Mountain View, CA
- 2004 Latent Potential, Books Inc., Mountain View, CA
- 2004 New & Collected Works, Bayer Steele Design, Mountain View, CA
- 2004 Liminal Spaces, Phase-In Multiple Design, Menlo Park, CA
- 2003 Paris, Global Blends Coffee, Mountain View, CA
- 2003 Portrait of the Artist in Red Ink, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 2002 Contextual (In)Visibility, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 2001 Trapped Souls, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 2001 Paris: Being There, Keeble & Shuchat Photography, Palo Alto, CA
- 2001 The Latent Potential of Discarded Things, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 1999 The Common Made Holy, Discovery Publishing, Palo Alto, CA
- 2012 Mobile Photography Awards, Soho Gallery for Digital Art, New York, NY
- 2006 ex_xx :: post position, Works San Jose, San Jose, CA Juror: Joel Slayton
- 2005 Variations on a Theme: Money, City of Brea Gallery, Brea, CA
- 2004 Soho Photo National Photography Competition. New York, NY. Juror: Lyle Rexer
- 2004 The Postcard Show, A.I.R. Gallery, Chelsea, New York, NY
- 2004 United Net-Works, Southern Exposure, San Francisco, CA
- 2004 Blue, Works San Jose, San Jose, CA
- 2004 Silicon Valley Open Studios Stars Program, San Jose, CA. Jurors: Daniel Keegan, Executive Director, San Jose Museum of Art, Michele Rowe Shields, Visual Arts Director, Montalvo, Saratoga, CA, Susan Hillhouse, Chief Curator, Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, CA, Janet Rindfleisch, Director, Euphrat Museum of Art, San Jose, CA, Diane Argabrite, Director of Arts & Schools Program, DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA, Grace Gibson, Painter, Instructor, Art Coach.
- 2003 Close-up, Pacific Art League of Palo Alto, Palo Alto, CA. Juror: Benny Alba.
- 2002 Built by Hand: Book as Art, Pyramid Atlantic International Juried Book Exhibition, Washington, D.C. Jurors: Mark Dimunation, Chief, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress and Neal Turtell, Executive Librarian, National Gallery of Art.
- 2002 Phantom Galleries. San Jose, CA. Juror: Two Fish Design Group
- 2001 Iz It Photography, Calumet Photography. San Francisco, CA. Juror: Polaroid
- 1999 Art by Bicyclists and Bicycle Friendly Art. San Francisco CA. Juror: Richard Lynch
- 1999 Los Gatos Art Association Open Juried Show, Los Gatos, CA
Other Group Exhibitions
- 2013 Newspace Members Exhibition, Newspace, Portland, Oregon
- 2004 Hype Gallery, Palais de Tokyo, Paris, France
- 2003 The Romantic & The Sublime, Pacific Art League of Palo Alto, Palo Alto, Ca
- 2003 Phantom Galleries, POPULUS Presents, San Jose, CA
- 2003 The World Around Us, Bay Area Photographers Association, The Great Frame Up, San Jose, CA
- 2003 Beyond Information: Artists Books, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 1999 Photography as Cultural Document, University of California Extension, San Francisco, CA
Awards and Acknowledgements
- 2014 Explored by Flickr, White Iris in Full Bloom, February 25
- 2013 Explored by Flickr, Sunrise and Razor Wire over Jogel Slough, October 18
- 2013 Photo of the Day, Advanced Mobile Photography Team, Standing the Tests of Time.
- 2012 Honorable Mention, Mobile Photography Awards 2012, Soho Gallery for Digital Art, New York City, NY
- 2003 People’s Choice Award, Close-Up, Pacific Art League of Palo Alto, Palo Alto, CA
- 2003 Second Place, Close-Up, Pacific Art League of Palo Alto, Palo Alto, CA
- 1999 Finalist Award of Excellence, Photographer’s Forum Best of College Photography Annual. Jurors: Karen Sinsheimer, Linda Lowell, Armando Flores.
- 2012 iPhoneography: Editing Photos on Your iPhone, Skillshare.
- 2004 Guest, A Positive Outlook, Comcast Cable, San Jose, CA.
- 2003 Guest, A Positive Outlook, Comcast Cable, San Jose, CA.
- 2003 Guest speaker, Pacific Art League Photographers Group, Palo Alto, CA.
- 2002 Guest Lecturer, Alternative Photographic Processes, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 2001 Guest presenter, Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, CA
- 2003-4 Silent Auction Exhibit Manager, Fundraising Team Leader, Steering Committee Liaison, Press Relations Committee and Advertising Committee Member, Silicon Valley Open Studios
- 2003-4 Treasurer, Board of Directors, Works San Jose, San Jose, CA
- 2002 Intern, Development Department, Montalvo, Saratoga, CA
- 2012-present Jennifer Hartnett-Henderson Blog
- 2018-2020 Tesseract Art & Design Blog
- 2018 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Myopia in Britain, ISBN 978-1-38-838370-1, Blurb
- 2018 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Myopia in Italy, ISBN 978-1-38-875-949-0, Blurb
- 2015 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Seen on My Run, Artifact Uprising
- 2015 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Sketchnotes of New Beginnings Community Church Messages, Blurb
- 2014 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Amsterdam, Artifact Uprising
- 2013 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Mail at 252, Painterly Mobile Art Monday #15, Art of Mob
- 2013 Wichita Times, detail, Frank Lloyd Wright Allen Lambe House, p 18
- 2013 F2 Salón Internacional de Fotografía, F2 Sociedad Fotográphica – Argentina, CD, General Color – Section A
- 2013 Entries from Sketchnote Challenge: Part 1, Eva Lotta Lamm, March
- 2013 Sketchnotes: Getting all Your Photos in One Place, Visual Thinkers & Doers Daily
- 2012 Sketchnotes: Getting all Your Photos in One Place, Scoopit, December
- 2012 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Wow, Amazing, Everyday, Blurb
- 2012 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Closely Observed, Blurb
- 2011 Hartnett-Henderson, Jennifer, Southern Spain, Blurb
- 2005 Rebecca Wallace, “Back to the Darkroom,” Palo Alto Weekly, cover, pp 10-12
- 2005 Incredible Eyes, TCB Café Publishing, ISBN 0-9674898-5-7, p 81
- 2004 Artist Directory Cover, Gala Event Program, Announcement Postcard, Silicon Valley Open Studios
- 2004 Photographer’s Formulary Newsletter, Volume 1, No. 7
- 2003 Portrait of the Artist in Red Ink, Leonardo, Vol 38. No 1, pp 9-11
- 2003 Photographer’s Formulary Newsletter, Volume 1, No. 2
- 2003 “Slipping the Interface: Strategies of Art Making and Lynn Hershman,” Switch, Software: Interface as Cultural Production, Volume 18
- 1999 Best of College Photography Annual, Photographer’s Forum Magazine, Santa Barbara, CA