Several artists whose work I’ve admired have listed the app Mextures in their mix list. I decided to give it a try today:
Mextures is pretty useful. It allows you to stack and mix different textures such as grunge and light leaks each on a separate layer and to rearrange those layers. It also allows you to save a recipe of stacked textures so that you can apply it over and over on a body of work.
Tiny airplanes seem quaint in these days of frequent intercontinental travel. A sherbert overlay felt just right. But this is not just one texture layer but 5 different texture layers finished off with some buffing and polishing in Snapseed.
I love the layered painterly feel that this app enables me to make. I’ll definitely use it again.
- Mextures for iPhone (beautifulpixels.com)
- Mextures, A Great-New Photo Grungifyication App For iPhone (cultofmac.com)
- Mextures Offers 70 Textures to Enhance Your iPhone Pics (mashable.com)
- Mextures: A new photo editing app for iPhone (doobybrain.com)
- Mextures: easily apply textures, light leaks and more effects to your images (idownloadblog.com)
Thank you Mark!!
I like this image Jennifer. Things can be just a little too clean sometimes in the digital world. Good work as always. : )
Thanks KC! It felt really good to experiment in this direction. Feels true to life somehow, independent of the image even. Thanks again!
Comments are closed.